Print production requires a more efficient user experience for press operators to send print ready files to press.
Press Operator Dashboard
Wireframes, Information Architecture, Design and Prototype
- Obsolete system for moving files to press.
- Need to scroll a large difficult to read data-table.
- Need to select a value in a dropdown on every table row.
- If they focus on specific print specifications, they must manually highlight a printed webpage of search results.
- Limited the user interface interactions to essential press operator needs
- Print ticket queue groups using select button toggles
- Option to query print specification in open text search
- Option to save search queries used frequently
- Send tickets to press using "to do list" UX approach
WireframesCreated low fidelity wireframe to show three different methods for showing Print Ticket information and specifications.
- Option 1: tab UI for information and specifications
- Option 2: show information and specification side-by-side
- Option 2: only show information with specifications viewable in a UI overlay.